I am Sablah Bright, 27, a determined young Ghanaian entrepreneur who seeks to impact people and communities with life changing service and initiative.
As young man who decided to start a business that will focus on improving agriculture. Together with my team, I undertook detailed feasibility studies of the agriculture sector targeted at identifying agriculture-related problems and finding solutions.
We came to realize that farmers who provide us with the food we eat are considered the less privileged and the poor among the community due to their outdated farming styles, access to modern farming equipment, enhanced farming knowledge, farm management styles and access to market (marketing strategies).
I started Agrizone ventures, an agri-based firm that has its interest and expertise in providing farmers/agriculture workers with problem-solving services, and an initiative targeted at rebranding and making agriculture a reliable, sustainable and dependable brand.
Agrizone ventures are a multipurpose agriculture based company that began operation in the year 2015 and officially registered its operations in August 2015.
The firm was started by Sablah Bright a young marketing professional who decided to focus on marketing of agriculture product and ended up starting Agrizone group limited a firm that has its interest in agri-business and agro related activities.
Some of our activities /service as an agro based firm include the following:
- Vegetable production through modern and improve open field as well as greenhouse technology farming.
- Sale of farming input and equipment
- Sale of fresh vegetables through a chain of vegetable retail joints called agro joints.
- Agri-business consultancy services
- Farm management and operation services
Farming is the occupation of about 60% of the population but most of the farmers are considered less privilege and poor due to their improper farming technique and lack of farming equipment, as well as inadequate farm management skills as a result.
Agrizone ventures intend to help farmers with capacity-building workshops, provision of modern equipment and technologies in farming and access to reliable and sustainable market base.
Am a young man who is influenced and motivated by individuals like Strive Masiyiwa a Zimbabwean business tycoon who is doing great in the telecommunication sector with Econet; Mr Joseph Siaw Agyepong, a Ghanaian business tycoon who is doing great in the environment sector with zoomlion limited (waste management); and Jack Ma, a Chinese business tycoon who is the founder of Alibaba group.
As a young and upcoming African entrepreneur, my motive and interest is coming up with service and initiative targeted at rebranding and making agriculture a reliable sustainable and dependable brand in the country and Africa as a whole since majority of the African population are mostly farmers.
The steps I intend to take to achieve my goal:
- Setting up an agro input store that will Provide farmers with agriculture-related service and initiative as well as farming equipment
- Organizing farmer capacity -building programme for farmers in order to enhance their knowledge base
- Setting up an agri-retail shop that will be a sales joint for vegetable product
The success of the will business will be measured in the in the following ways:
- Profit—Profitability is the first thing since the business a a for profit business therefore we will consider if the business is making money after we have paid our monthly operating expenses and debt, then things are looking pretty good.
- A growing customer base—In addition to profitability, a growing customer base is a sure sign that we are effectively reaching our target market since reaching our target market is what the business is all about.
- Without a vibrant customer base, our success will be limited since the long-term growth of your company is tied directly to our ability to not only reach our customer base, but to expand to accommodate your long-term goals.
- Customer satisfaction—Customer satisfaction is an indication that our business understands the needs of our customers.
- Employee satisfaction and owner satisfaction—other key indicators our business had been successful
As at now I my firm has undertaken the following steps in order to achieve our goal:
- Registered an agribusiness firm
- Organized capacity building workshop for farmer
- Acquired a 10 acre piece of land
- Have started farming on about 2 acres
How to use the USD 5,000 grant
|Agriculture input store||1||1,000|
|Product retail joints||1||1,000|
|advertising and miscellaneous||1||500|
Blogpost and picture submitted by Sablah Bright (Ghana): agrizone.az[at]gmail.com
The content, structure and grammar are at the discretion of the author only.
This post is published as proposal #424 of “YAP” – our “Youth Agripreneur Project”.
The first selection of the winners will be based on the number of comments, likes and views each proposal gets.
As a reader, you can support this speaker’s entry:
- Leave a comment (question, suggestion,..) on this project in the comment field at the bottom of this page
- Support the post by clicking the “Like” button below (only possible for those with a com account)
- Spread this post via your social media channels, using the hashtag: #GCARD3
Have a look at the other “YAP” proposals too!
As a donor, support young agripreneurs and sponsor this unique project.
Check out the side column for our current sponsors. “YAP” is part of the #GCARD3 process, the third Global Conference on Agricultural Research for Development.