Several dozen media outlets covered a wide range of topics underscoring the unique diversity of GCARD participant, their viewpoints, and stories.
Nature reported on donor concerns around CGIAR reforms, while Reuters and IRIN highlighted the need for bottom-up approaches and a more inclusive AR4D agenda to meet the challenges of feeding more people in the face of climate change and other constraints. Veggies were also a hot topic.
Links to selected stories are copied below
- Nature: Financial donors wrangle over global research group’s strategy.
- Scidev.net: Agricultural mega-programmes ‘will not attract funding’
- IPS: More Food, Except For That Billion Or So
- Reuters: Science alone not enough to boost world farm output
- Nouvel Obs: “Oui, les émeutes de la faim peuvent recommencer”
- BBC Mundo: Investigar hoy para alimentarnos mañana
- Reuters: African farmland deals need rules, grass-roots warn
- Africa Report: After the crisis, is now the moment to cut Western farm subsidies?
- IRIN: Rice vs Vegetables
- Voanews: Global Agricultural Conference Participant Hopes to Raise Awareness about Science